COACHING & GRANT CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
VOID IN PR, GUAM AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Date of last revision: October 12, 2020
The DREAMS TO REALITY COACHING & GRANT CONTEST (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Conopco, Inc., d/b/a Unilever (“Sponsor”) and administered by IFundWomen (“Administrator” or “IFW”)). Entrants may enter the Contest beginning at 12:00 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 13, 2020 and applications will be accepted on a rolling basis through 11:59 pm ET on November 15, 2020 (“Entry Period”).
Acceptance is dependent on the applicant meeting the eligibility criteria, attaining a high score in the judging criteria and program capacity.
The Contest is void in PR, Guam and where prohibited or restricted by law, is subject to applicable federal, state, and local statutes, rules, regulations, and other laws (each a “Law”) and is governed by these Official Rules.
By entering the Contest, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Administrator or Sponsor, which shall be final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Contest. By entering the Contest, each entrant also agrees to comply with any and all applicable Laws in connection with his or her participation in the Contest. Entry in the Contest does not constitute entry into any other promotion, sweepstakes, or contest.
The Contest is open to any natural person of any gender who meets all of the following eligibility requirements:
- The entrant is a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia;
- The entrant is at least the age of majority (18 years old in most U.S. states, 19 in NE and AL and 21 in MS) at the time of entry;
Residents of Puerto Rico and Guam are not permitted to enter or win. Sponsor, Administrator, their advertising and promotion agencies, the prize providers, any other company or organization involved with the design, sponsorship, or operation of the Contest, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Sponsor Parties”), and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are NOT eligible to enter the Contest. "Immediate family members" shall mean a person’s spouse and a person’s and their spouse’s parents, stepparents, legal guardians, children, stepchildren, siblings, and stepsiblings, and each of their respective spouses. "Household members" shall mean those people who share the same residence, whether or not related.
To enter the Contest, each entrant must complete and submit the “Contest Entry Form” found on the (“Contest Site”) at https://ifundwomen.com/caress, including completion of all of the elements in the Contest Entry Form (“Entry”). Only one Entry per person is permitted. The written portion of the Entry must not exceed 1,000 words in total length for answers to the questions (specific caps are included for the questions). You may include photos or videos, as requested also. To complete the Entry process, please provide a 60-second or shorter video of yourself sharing the story of your business.
- All Entries must be received by the end of the Entry Period. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of transmission of an Entry does not constitute proof that it was received. Incomplete, unreadable, late, or unintelligible Entries are void and will be disqualified.
- Limit of one (1) Entry per person.
- In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of an entrant, the Entry will be deemed to be made by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the email address listed in the Entry, provided he/she is eligible according to these Official Rules. The "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person to whom the applicable service provider or other organization (such as a business or educational institution) has assigned the email address. An entrant may not use multiple email or social media accounts to enter, and if an entrant does so, all of such entrant’s Entries may be disqualified.
- Each Entry (including the Entry form and all other data, information, images, content, and other materials included in the Entry) must comply with the following:
- It must be entirely the original work of the entrant.
- It must not contain any individual’s photograph, likeness, name, voice, or other element of persona and identity unless the entrant has obtained all releases and consents from such individual necessary to enter the Entry in the Contest (or the parent/legal guardian for any minor depicted), and to grant the rights in the Entry as provided in these Official Rules.
- If a professional image or video is submitted, you are responsible for securing usage rights from the photographer or videographer to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the image by iFundWomen, and their respective agents, in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest, in any media now or hereafter known.
- It must not infringe, misappropriate, or violate any intellectual property rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, or other proprietary rights of any third party.
- All information provided in the Entry must be true, accurate, and correct in all respects.
- It must not be created or submitted through any script, macro, or other automatic method.
- It must comply with these Official Rules and all applicable Laws.
- It must be suitable for publication to a general audience and must not contain anything that:
- is illegal, abusive, tortious, defamatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or otherwise objectionable;
- promotes discrimination based on race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or age;
- promotes violence or unsafe or illegal activity;
- is threatening, harassing, or degrading;
- serves to impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent affiliation with any person or entity; or
- disparages or injures the reputation or goodwill of the Sponsor, Administrator, the prize providers, or any of their respective officers, directors, employees, products, or services.
5. Entries that do not comply with these requirements (as determined by Administrator or Sponsor in its sole discretion) are void and will be disqualified. Media must be of high resolution and no more than 10MB per file. Photos must be provided in PNG or JPG format, in videos in MP3 format. Entrants may be required to submit proof of compliance with these requirements, and failure to provide such proof on request may, in Administrator or Sponsor’s sole discretion, disqualify an entrant’s Entry.
6. Neither submission of an Entry nor any other participation in the Contest creates any confidential, fiduciary, agency, employment, or other relationship or contract between Sponsor or Administrator and any entrant, and by submitting an Entry each entrant acknowledges that no such relationship or contract exists.
7. By entering the Contest, each entrant represents and warrants to Administrator/Sponsor that:
- The entrant’s Entry meets all of the requirements in Section 7;
- The entrant meets all the eligibility requirements for the Contest; and
- The entrant has complied with these Official Rules and all applicable Laws in entering and participating in the Contest.
- Judging Period - The Grand Prize Winners (10 total) and the First Prize Winners (140 total) (collectively, “Winners”) will be determined on a rolling basis, starting on October 13, 2020 and ongoing through, and shortly thereafter, November 15, 2020.
- Judges - Eligible Entries will be evaluated by The Administrator consisting of representatives associated with the Sponsor, crowdfunding experts and entrepreneurial coaches associated with IFundWomen.
- Judging Method and Criteria - The judges will make their decision by awarding point values from 0-20 (with 20 being the highest score) in each of the following categories
- Compelling passion for bringing idea to life (20 points)
- Demonstrates clearly how funds will be used (20 points)
- Compelling video and/or media telling their story (20 points)
- Compelling impact that idea or business will make (20 points)
- Demonstrates skill set needed to bring idea to life (20 points)
In all cases, potential Winners must meet the requirements of these Official Rules to officially qualify as the Winners. The ten (10) entrants with the highest overall scores will be determined the Grand Prize Winners, subject to verification. The next 140 entrants with the next highest scores will be determined the First Prize Winners, subject to verification.
Winners will be announced starting after December 1, 2020 through, and shortly thereafter, December 18, 2020.
Each of the First Prize Winners, 140 total, will receive the coaching package outlined on the Contest Site (https://ifundwomen.com/caress), including a $1,000 grant, an IFundWomen Annual Coaching membership, meeting with a private coach (at Sponsor’s discretion), and communal access to the below resources, including, but not limited to:
- Access to Microsite, including the Resource Hub
- IFW Private Slack Channel to connect with each other and IFW coaches
- Monthly AMAs (Ask Me Anything) with Women of Color mentors through private Slack channel resources
- Monthly Support Circle, led by IFundWomen of Color Senior Coach
- Customized Virtual workshops and classes to help the Winners prepare for their next phase
- Personalized coach meeting on a monthly basis:
- 2x/month private coaching sessions
- At least one (1) workshop per quarter
- Crowdfunding exclusive to IFundWomen of Color entrepreneurs, including the Winners
Each First Prize ARV is $1,075.
There will be ten (10) Grand Prize winners total who will each receive an ARV of $1,250 worth of marketing materials for their business including (all to be created and provided by IFW and IFW is responsible for all aspects and elements thereof):
- One (1), 2-3 minute professionally-produced marketing video (IFW is responsible for all aspects of such videos, including, without limitation, obtaining all intellectual property rights required for use by the Winners in perpetuity, exclusively, non-terminable, non-revocable, royalty-free rights for use in the United States.)
- Professionally designed branding package including Logo & Style Guide for the Winners’ businesses.
IFW shall ensure that the Grand Prize Winners will be available for media interviews to share their crowdfunding journeys in connection with the Contest.
Other selected events will also be included, in Sponsor’s/IFW’s sole discretion. Each Grand Prize ARV is $1,250.
All details and other restrictions of the prize(s) not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by the Administrator or Sponsor in its sole discretion. The awarding of prizes is not intended to, and shall not be deemed to, create any employment or similar contract or relationship between Administrator or Sponsor and any Winner. No prize is exchangeable, assignable, or otherwise transferable, except at the Administrator or Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute for any prize one or more items or services of equal or greater value. The value of each prize may be taxable to each Winner as income. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued by the Administrator in the name of each Winner for the value of the prize(s) received. Each Winner shall be solely responsible for all federal, state, and/or local taxes (including income, and withholding taxes), and the reporting consequences thereof, for any other fees or costs associated with the applicable prize(s), and for any other liabilities incurred in connection with any prize. If a Winner does not return the W9 form within 5 business days, they will forfeit their prize and Administrator will offer prize to the next highest scoring entrant.
The judging period is ongoing through, and shortly thereafter, December 13, 2020 and each potential Winner will receive a notification from Sponsor or Administrator (a “Prize Notification”) sent to the email address indicated by each potential Winner in their applicable winning Entry. Each potential Winner will have ten (10) working days to respond in writing to the Prize Notification once it has been sent to the potential Winner, including providing any requisite information to accept their prizes. Sponsor and Administrator shall have no liability for any Prize Notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received by a potential Winner for any reason. In order to claim a prize, each potential Winner may be required to verify for Administrator or Sponsor their permanent address and social security or taxpayer identification number, for purposes of compliance with tax regulations. Upon Sponsor’s or Administrator’s request, each potential Winner must also execute and return, where legally permissible, a declaration of eligibility, a liability release, and/or a publicity release and assignment of rights. If a potential Winner is found to be ineligible, has not complied with these Official Rules, or declines the prize(s) for any reason prior to being awarded, such potential Winner will be disqualified and forfeit his or her prize, and an alternate Winner may be determined by the Sponsor from the pool of remaining entrants based on the judging Criteria described in these Official Rules. Sponsor may successively attempt to contact up to five (5) potential Winners in accordance with such procedure, and if there is still no confirmed Winner of a prize after such attempts have been made, Sponsor may announce an alternate means for awarding that prize. The distribution of the prize(s) will be at the sole determination of the Sponsor to the individuals deemed to have won the Contest by the Sponsor in accordance with these Official Rules.
All personal information collected by or on behalf of Administrator or Sponsor (including without limitation, an entrant’s name, biographical data, and city and state/province of residence) may be used for the administration of the Contest and as stated in these Official Rules. Except to the extent prohibited by Law, by acceptance of a prize, each Winner grants to Administrator or Sponsor and each of their respective designees the right to publicize such Winner's name and address (city and state of residence), photo (if provided), complete Entry and prize information in connection with the Contest, in any media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or consideration, notification or permission.
By submitting an Entry, each entrant irrevocably grants Administrator or Sponsor and its designees the unconditional, irrevocable, and perpetual right and permission, royalty-free, to use the Entry and any other data, information, images, content, or materials included in such Entry, in any media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world for brand promotional purposes and related activities. Administrator and Sponsor are not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned data, information, images, content, or materials, but may do so and may edit them in Administrator's or Sponsor's sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. Each entrant waives all intellectual property rights, privacy/publicity rights or other legal or moral rights that might preclude the Administrator's or Sponsor's use of the Entry or exercise of any rights granted to Administrator or Sponsor, and each entrant agrees not to sue or assert any claim against the Administrator or Sponsor and Parties with respect to such use.
By entering the Contest, each entrant (i) agrees that neither the Administrator or Sponsor Parties, nor any advertising or social media platform, such as Facebook or Twitter, on which the Contest is advertised or through which it is accessed, shall be responsible for, and (ii), to the maximum extent permitted by Law, releases and holds harmless the Administrator and Sponsor Parties and each such advertising or social media platform from and against, any and all claims, injuries, damages, liabilities, costs, expenses, or losses of any kind (including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property) that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from:
- participation in the Contest;
- any breach or other violation by such entrant of these Official Rules, the Policies, or applicable Law;
- the acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize (or any portion of any prize);
- any incorrect, incomplete, garbled, or inaccurate information, or any failure to capture any information, whether caused by entrant, printing errors, human error, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest;
- any damage to an entrant’s equipment (such as a computer system or mobile device) which is occasioned by accessing the Contest Site or participating in the Contest;
- miscommunications, or any failed, jumbled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone, cable, or other transmissions (including, without limitation, transmissions by email, social media (such as a private or direct messages, check-ins, tweets, and posts), and instant message);
- for any technical malfunctions, failures, delays, difficulties, or other errors of any kind or nature;
- any Entry, email, prize package, or other material or correspondence that has been tampered with or that is stolen, misdirected, incomplete, lost, late, non-conforming, ineligible, or damaged;
- any failure of any postal or delivery service;
- any use of the entrant’s personal information and Entries as permitted under these Official Rules; or
- any other events beyond Administrator or Sponsor’s reasonable control.
Administrator or Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant who Administrator or Sponsor finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Contest or the Contest Site, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Administrator or Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by Law.
Administrator and Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest, at its sole discretion, at any time for any reason, including without limitation as a result of natural disaster, pandemic, equipment failure, civil disturbance, fraud, financial, or administrative difficulties, technical problems (such as a computer virus/ bug), unauthorized intervention that corrupts the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, or other causes not within the control of the Administrator or Sponsor. In addition, if, in the exclusive judgment of Administrator or Sponsor, the Contest (or any portion thereof) becomes compromised in any way, Administrator or Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel the Contest, to void any Entries submitted fraudulently, and/or to determine Winners from among all non-suspect eligible Entries received prior to the act that compromised the Contest (as stated above). Should the Contest ever be terminated prior to the Winner determination, Administrator or Sponsor will post a notice on the Contest Site and will make alternate arrangements to award the prizes based on the judging criteria.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Administrator's or Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with these Official Rules, this Contest, or any prize shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the state and/or federal courts located in New Jersey and hereby waives any objection to such courts, whether on the basis of venue, personal jurisdiction, inconvenience of the form, or otherwise; (ii) any and all claims made by entrant, and any and all judgments and awards in favor of entrant, shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All disputes concerning the Contest, the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of each entrant and Administrator or Sponsor in connection with these Official Rules or the Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the Laws of the State of New Jersey and applicable United States federal Law, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules that would cause the application of the Laws of any other jurisdiction.
Nothing contained in these Official Rules or in any of the Contest materials should be construed as an endorsement by Administrator or Sponsor of any third party, product, or service. Prize suppliers (other than Administrator or Sponsor) are not administrators or sponsors of the Contest.
The Contest may be advertised on or accessed through one or more social media platforms, such as Facebook or Twitter. However, the Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, any such platforms. Entrants agree to comply with all terms and policies governing such platforms in connection with the Contest.
The Sponsor of the Contest is Conopco, Inc., d/b/a Unilever, 800 Sylvan Ave., Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632. The Administrator of the Contest is iFundWomen, 511 W 25th Street, New York, NY 10001.